Stoneware Studios has been the exclusive distributor of Secil Limes in Ireland for over 10 years and have supplied it to thousands of jobs from Derry City Walls to Mizen Lighthouse. This lime is unblended, contains no additives, no gypsum, and has been a critical element to success of thousands of projects throughout Ireland and the world. Secil, has been producing Natural Hydraulic Lime for over 100 years in Portugal. Secil NHL 2 , NHL 3.5 and NHL 5, all conform to the most recent European standards EN459-1:2010 and are supplied in 25kg bags, or used in a variety of mortars and plasters, all tried and tested in the Irish market. These limes are suitable for Historic Buildings and New build. Breathable, flexible and ecological. Stoneware Studios have collaborated with Secil to bring this high quality range to the Irish market. Secil have similar strengths to the French NHL’s and are suitable for plastering, rendering, bedding, pointing, limecrete etc.
Secil NHL limes are also used in Secil pre-mixed mortars, customised for bespoke applications (based exclusively on Natural Hydraulic Lime):
- Secil RB– Pre-mixed lime mortar including sand, NHL lime and fibres, for plastering and rendering. Can be applied with trowel or by spray application.
- Secil RJ– Pre-mixed lime mortar formulated for Pointing Stone.
- Secil AC– Pre-mixed lime plaster for finishing lime render outside and lime plaster inside.
- Secil AC Fino– Pre-mixed lime plaster for finishing lime plaster inside to give a smooth finish.
- Secil CS – Pre-mixed lime mortar for preparing walls for Secil EcoCork insulating plaster.
- Secil Grout – Pre-mixed lime grout for filling internal hollows and cavities in stone walls.
- Secil Screed – Pre-mixed Lime screed for flooring.
- Secil EcoCork – Pre-mixed lime plaster with natural cork.
- Secil Isovit – Pre-mixed lime mortar for fixing Cork insulation boards.
- Secil MP – this macroporous plaster is for the treatment of salt infestation, efflorescence and cryptoflorescence, including salts arising from rising-damp and cement related sulphates.